Wine, Cheese, and Copyright

A little bit of this, a little bit of that... commentary on the new happenings going on in the world of entertainment, technology and copyright. Also with a touch of random happenings and akward moments.

11 October 2006

Gotta Be Like Everyone Else...

So here I am. I figured since I read so many blogs these days that I might as well start my own. Whether I have something meaningful to say or not remains to be seen, but at least I've got something written down for when I'm old and someone asks me what I've done my whole life.

Really, though, who will actually read this? How does one become a blogging superstar? Everyone has to start at the same place, but some of these guys (and girls) get a crazy number of hits per day. I'm sure it has to do with the quality of what one writes and maybe a catchy little title (I've already got that, I think), but what's the story behind these people? Well, at least you can say "I was here in the beginning when..." after I've become an international hit in the world of blogging. Sounds a bit far fetched to you too, right?

First up, a little about me. As I write this, I'm a 21 year-old Music Business major at Belmont University. I'm originally from a small town in Wisconsin but traveled to Nashville in search of stardom in the music industry (that last approximately 1 semester). Right now, I'm studying in New York City and interning at a local law firm. Eventually, I hope to be on the cutting edge of entertainment and IP law. Technology is certainly booming more than ever and I want to have a say in it. Hopefully, someone will listen. I've already have some opinions on what's going on and you'll definitely read them on here.

To get a little taste of what this might be like, I recommend you check out these blogs and sites that I frequent and enjoy. For the most part, I really agree with these guys (they actually are all guys this time) and hopefully I take a little something from each of them and mold it into me. And then, to close, I'll leave you with a quote I heard yesterday from Siva Vaidhyanathan, author of Copyrights and Copywrongs: The Rise of Intellectual Property and How it Threatens Creativity that really makes you think. So, without further ado...

Sivacracy.net
EMichaelHarrington.net
The Lefsetz Letter
DigitalMusicNews.com
Electronic Frontier Foundation

"Copyright law was meant to encourage new work, not simply protect the old."

3 Comments:

At 11 October, 2006 15:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good first post! I'd say you're on your way to stardom, for sure!

 
At 12 October, 2006 16:32, Blogger Aaron Luke said...

your Harrington link is wrong. I believe his is .com instead of .net. Other than that, looks cool.

 
At 18 October, 2006 15:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't understand most of what you were talking about, but it sounds VERY impressive! Don't forget who changed your diapers when you DO become famous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home