Wine, Cheese, and Copyright

A little bit of this, a little bit of that... commentary on the new happenings going on in the world of entertainment, technology and copyright. Also with a touch of random happenings and akward moments.

15 November 2006

It's coming...

The iPhone will be here before you know it. And I'll be one of the first in line for it. Tech specs aren't available, but this article from Forbes.com gives a little detail on the contract between Apple and Tiwan-based Hon Hai. Jobs and Co. have placed an order for 12 million handsets that also work as an mp3 player. The iPhone (or so it has been dubbed) will be released in the first half of next year.

Personally, I want this thing to have video too. I've just recently been turned on to the TiVo and video iPod world and now I want one device to do it all. I want the Archos 604 WiFi features to download content direct from my TV. I want to surf the net and check my email on the go. I want to call my friends and tell them what an amazing device I have. I want to listen to my favorite PodCasts. I want to download the new single from my favorite band right onto my device, not through a computer. I want to be able to put all of my content on any hardware that I own.

And I want competition between businesses that are trying to give it to me. That way, prices are cheaper and products are better.

Coming soon... analyzing the Microsoft/Zune deal, NBC sticking with Studio 60 and my picks for holiday gifts for 2006! (wink wink anyone who might be thinking of getting me something for Christmas or my birthday in February!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home